Cardano is a decentralized, fully open source, public blockchain and cryptocurrency project that began in 2015 and it represents the world’s first peer-reviewed blockchain. The cryptocurrency was designed and developed by IOHK in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Athens and the University of Connecticut.
Cardano (ADA) Technology
Cardano is based on the Haskell implementation of the “Ouroboros: A Provably Secure Proof of Stake Blockchain Protocol” white paper done by Aggelos Kiayias, Alexander Russell, Bernardo David. The platform consists of two layers: The Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) and the Control Layer. The CSL is used to settle transactions that use ADA, Cardano’s cryptocurrency and the Control Layer, which will be used for smart contracts. Ouroboros algorithm is what makes Cardano work and it uses Proof of Stake protocol to mine coins. The protocol is focused around reducing energy consumption and time for making new coins.
Cardano (ADA) Trading
Cardano is in the top 10 cryptocurrencies with a circulating supply of almost 26 billion and a market cap of over 5 billion dollars. ADA – Cardano’s cryptocurrency can be traded on most big trading platforms. The platforms with the biggest daily volume of ADA coins traded are: Binance, Upbit and Huobi.
The BitcoinAverage API provides price data for the following Cardano markets.
- Cardano (ADA) to Bitcoin (BTC) – https://bitcoinaverage.com/markets/coins/ADA/BTC
- Cardano (ADA) to Ethereum (ETH) – https://bitcoinaverage.com/markets/coins/ADA/ETH
- Cardano (ADA) to Tether (USDT) – https://bitcoinaverage.com/markets/coins/ADA/USDT
- Cardano (ADA) to US Dollar (USD) – https://bitcoinaverage.com/markets/coins/ADA/USD
Cardano API urls
- Cardano (ADA) to Bitcoin (BTC) – https://apiv2.bitcoinaverage.com/indices/crypto/ticker/ADABTC
- Cardano (ADA) to Ethereum (ETH) – https://apiv2.bitcoinaverage.com/indices/crypto/ticker/ADAETH
- Cardano (ADA) to Tether (USDT) – https://apiv2.bitcoinaverage.com/indices/crypto/ticker/ADAUSDT
- Cardano (ADA) to US Dollar (USD) – https://apiv2.bitcoinaverage.com/indices/local/ticker/ADAUSD